Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Critique of Group Time Lines

The timelines that were presented in class on Tuesday were pretty good, I enjoyed all of them. I liked how the timelines were not the same, they had different structures, designs, even a variety of categories were presented. This was important because the presentations were not so redundant.


Group 1-PowerPoint Presentation
I loved how they had the dates in chronological order it made the presentation easy to follow. I also like the fact they placed the information into categories and presented both the negative and positive aspects of the internet. However, I must say that there was too much text on the slides, power points are used as a guide not a place to start a report. I also did not like the color of the text that was chosen, it conflicted with the background, they should have either used a lighter color (white) or a different background.


Group 2-Film Presentation (My Group)
I was impressed with the turn out of the clip. However, I feel that the clips could have been shortened to better line up with the voice-over, this would have made the way the film ended less awkward.

Group 3-Timeline Presentation
I liked the fact that this was not your typical boring timeline, it had a hint of modernity to it, which made the presentation enjoyable. The text, structure, and images (when available) all flowed very nicely and complimented each other. However, I felt that the presentation was a bit repetitive, I kinda lost interest when they continuously presented music sharing websites that were shut down.

Group 4-PowerPoint Presentation
First off I must say that I liked the fact that the power point was used as a guide and not as the substance of the presentation. This allowed for the presenters to showcase their knowledge on what they were talking about. I also like the fact that they did not have to much text on the power point, it looked well put together. However, just as group 1, their font color conflicted with the background which made the text hard to see at some parts.

Overall the presentations were good and I cannot wait to see what everyone has in store for their next presentation.

2 comments:

  1. thoughtful--you give some good suggestions for improvement

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the feedback on our (Group 4) presentation. As I said in class, the background and text did not conflict on my personal monitor. It's definitely something everyone should keep in mind when creating presentation. "Objects in the mirror are closer than they appear." Meaning, it's not always as good as it seems.

    ReplyDelete